Color Correction Node¶
The Color Correction node can adjust the color of an image, separately in several tonal ranges (highlights, midtones and shadows) and only affect the necessary RGB channels.
- Red, Green, Blue
- Specifies which RGB channels will be affected by correction.
Correction Tools (Columns)¶
- Adjusts the image’s saturation.
- Adjust image contrast.
- Exponential gamma correction, affecting the midtones of the image. (Works like Power in the Color Balance node).
- Multiplier, stronger influence on the highlights. (Works like Slope in the Color Balance node).
- This value (can be negative) will be added (+), linear lightens or darkens the image. (Works like Offset in the Color Balance node).
Tonal Ranges (Rows)¶
- These sliders affect the entire tonal range.
- These sliders only affect the highlights.
- These sliders only affect the midtones.
- Affects the dark tones of an image often affecting the shadows.
- Midtones Start, Midtones End
- Defines the start and the end of midtones range, i.e. values where the whole tonal range is divided into the highlights, midtones and shadows (there is also a smooth transition between the ranges of width 0.2 units).
- Standard image input.
- Controls the amount of influence the node exerts on the output image.
- Standard image output.