Simple Deform Modifier¶
The Simple Deform modifier allows easy application of a simple deformation to an object (meshes, lattices, curves, surfaces and texts are supported).
Using another object, it is possible to define the axis and origin of the deformation, allowing application of very different effects.
Defines the kind of deformation which will be applied.
- Rotates the mesh around the specified Axis.
- Bends the mesh over the specified Axis.
- Linearly scales along the specified Axis.
- Stretches the object along the specified Axis (negative Factor leads to squash), preserving volume by scaling inversely on the two other axes.
- Vertex Group
- The name of the vertex group that indicates whether and how much each vertex is influenced by the deformation.
- Axis, Origin
The name of an object that defines the origin and axis of deformation (usually an empty). This object can be:
- Rotated to control the axis (its local Axis is now used as the deformation one).
- Moved to control the origin of the deformation.
- Scaled to change the deformation factor.
- The amount of deformation. Can be negative to reverse the deformation.
- These settings allow you to set the lower and upper limits of the deformation. The upper limit cannot be lower than the lower one.
- Lock X/Y/Z (Twist, Taper and Stretch modes only)
- These controls whether the coordinates along the two other axes are allowed to change or not. E.g. if you Stretch your object along its Z axis, it is possible to squash along the X axis only, by locking the Y one.