Clouds represent Perlin noise. In addition, each noise-based Blender texture (with the exception of Voronoi and simple noise) has a Noise Basis setting that allows the user to select which algorithm is used to generate the texture. This is often used for Clouds, Fire, Smoke. Well-suited to be used as a Bump map, giving an overall irregularity to the material.
- The standard noise, gives an intensity.
- The noise gives an RGB value.
- Soft or Hard, changes contrast and sharpness.
- The dimension of the Noise table.
- The depth of the Clouds calculation. A higher number results in a long calculation time, but also in finer details.