The Filter node implements various common image enhancement filters.
- Controls the amount of influence the node exerts on the output image.
- Standard image input.
The Soften, Laplace, Sobel, Prewitt and Kirsch all perform edge detection (in slightly different ways) based on vector calculus and set theory equations.
- Slightly blurs the image.
- Increases the contrast, especially at edges.
- Softens around edges.
- Creates a negative image that highlights edges.
- Tries to do Sobel one better.
- Giving a better blending as Sobel or Prewitt, when approaching an edge.
- Performs a relief, emboss effect, darkening outside edges.
- Standard image output.