Channel Key Node¶
The Channel Key node determines background objects from foreground objects by the difference in the selected channel’s levels.
For example in YUV color space, this is useful when compositing stock footage of explosions (very bright) which are normally shot against a solid, dark background.
- Standard image input.
- Color Space
This button selects what color space the channels will represent.
RGB, HSV, YUV, YCbCr
- This button selects the channel, defined by the Color Space, to use to determine the matte.
- Max., Single
It is possible to have a separation between the two values to allow for a gradient of transparency between foreground and background objects.
- Determines the lowest values that are considered foreground. (which is supposed to be – relatively – height values: from this value to 1.0).
- Determines the highest values that are considered to be background objects. (which is supposed to be – relatively – low values: from 0.0 to this value).
- Image with an alpha channel adjusted for the keyed selection.
- A black and white alpha mask of the key.