Custom properties are a way to store your own meta-data in Blender’s data-blocks which can be used for rigging (where bones and objects can have custom properties driving other properties), and Python scripts, where it’s common to define new settings not available in Blender.
Only certain data supports custom properties:
- All data-blocks types.
- Bones and Pose-Bones.
- Sequence strips.
To add a custom property, find the Custom Properties panel, found at the bottom of most Properties Editor, and hit Add.
Custom properties can be edited using the panel available for data types that support it.
- Property Name
- The name of the custom property.
- Property Value
- The minimum value the custom property can take.
- The maximum value the custom property can take.
- Use Soft Limits
Enables limits that the Property Value slider can be adjusted to without having to input the value numerically.
- Soft Min
- The minimum value for the soft limit.
- Soft Max
- The maximum value for the soft limit.
- Allows you to write a custom Tooltip for your property.