Each object has an origin point. The location of this point determines where the object is located in 3D space. When an object is selected, a small circle appears, denoting the origin point. The location of the origin point is important when translating, rotating or scaling an object. See Pivot Points for more.
The color of the origin is set by the State Colors and in light blue to denote library linkage on both the source and the linked object. The size can be changed in the Interface tab of the User Preferences.
|Mode:||Object and Edit Modes|
The Object Origin and Geometry can be moved relative to each other and to the 3D Cursor.
- Geometry to Origin
- Moves the model to the origin and this way the origin of the object will also be at the center of the object.
- Origin to Geometry
- Moves the origin to the center of the object and this way origin of the object will also be at the center of the object.
- Origin to 3D Cursor
- Moves the origin of the model to the position of the 3D cursor.
- Origin to Center of Mass
- Moves the origin to the calculated center of mass of model (assuming the mesh has a uniform density).
- Median Point Center, Bounding Box Center