Selection tools are available in the Select Menu in the header, and the shortcuts listed below:
- Sync Selection
- Turning on the Sync Selection button causes selection of components in the 3D View to sync with their corresponding elements in the UV/Image editor. If off only the selected faces are displayed in the UV/Image editor. These two modes have very different results when transforming components in the UV/Image editor.
Select Modes dependent on the Sync Selection.
Sync Selection Off¶
- Select individual vertices.
- Select edges.
- Select faces.
- Select contiguous groups of faces.
- Sticky Selection Mode
This selector lets you enable automatic additional selection.
- Shared Vertex
- Selects UVs that share a mesh vertex, even if they are in different UV locations.
- Shared Location
- Selects UVs that are in the same UV location and share a mesh vertex.
- Disables Sticky Selection. When you move a UV in this mode, each face owns its own UVs, allowing them to be separated.
Sync Selection On¶
When selecting UVs or Edges, it behave like Shared Vertex mode above. When selecting Faces, it behaves as in Disabled Stick Selection above.