The character physics type is used for player-controlled characters, for which the other physics types often result unexpected results (bouncing off walls, sliding, etc.) and for which simple kinematics offer much more precision.
- Step Height
- The maximum height of steps the character can run over.
- Jump Force
- Upward velocity applied to character when jumping.
- Fall Speed Max
- Maximum speed at which the character will fall.
- Max Jumps
- Maximum number of jumps the character can make before it hits the ground.
Obstacle traversal (e.g. step climbing) is governed by (in order of importance):
- The velocity of the character object
- The shape and margin of the collision bounds (character and obstacle)
- The Step Height parameter
- The leading slope of the obstacle
Character fall speed is governed by (in order of importance):
- The Fall Speed Max parameter
- The Step Height parameter (more Step Height -> more fall speed)