Fluid Inflow / Outflow¶
To control the volume of the fluid simulation, you can set objects in the scene to add or absorb fluid within the Fluid Domain.
This object will put fluid into the simulation, like a water tap.
- Volume Initialization Type
- See Volume Initialization Type.
- Animated Mesh/Export
- See Animated Mesh/Export.
- Local Coordinates/Enable
- Use local coordinates for the inflow. This is useful if the inflow object is moving or rotating, as the inflow stream will follow/copy that motion. If disabled, the inflow location and direction do not change.
- Inflow Velocity
- Speed of the fluid that is created inside of the object.
Any fluid that enters the region of this object will be deleted (think of a drain or a black hole). This can be useful in combination with an inflow to prevent the whole domain from filling up. When enabled, this is like a tornado (waterspout) or “wet vac” vacuum cleaner, and the part where the fluid disappears will follow the object as it moves around.