Materials can be linked to objects and Object’s data in the. Here is where you can manage how materials are linked to objects, meshes, etc. and activate a material for editing in the rest of the panels.
- Active Material
The object’s material slots displayed in a List View.
- Copy and paste the selected material slot.
Meshes can handle having more than one material. Materials can be mapped on a per-face basis, as detailed on the Multiple Materials page. In edit mode, the following tools appear:
- Assign the material in the selected material slot to selected vertices.
- Select vertices assigned to the selected material slot.
- Deselect vertices assigned to the selected material slot.
Material added in edit mode. These toggles tell Blender where this material fits into the Render Pipeline, and what aspects of the material are to be rendered.
- Render object as a surface.
- Render the edges of faces as wires (not supported in ray tracing).
- Render object as a volume. See Volume.
- Render object as halo particles. See Halo.