The Principled Volume shader combines all volume shading components into a single easy to use node. Volumes like smoke and fire can be rendered with a single shader node, which includes scattering, absorption and blackbody emission.
- Volume scattering color.
- Color Attribute
- Volume grid for coloring the volume. Use “color” for smoke simulations.
- Density of the volume.
- Density Attribute
- Volume grid to define the density, typically “density”.
- Backward or forward scattering direction.
- Absorption Color
- Volume shadow color tint.
- Emission Strength
- Amount of light to emit.
- Emission Color
- Emission color tint.
- Blackbody Intensity
- Blackbody emission for fire. Set to 1 for physically accurate intensity.
- Blackbody Tint
- Color tint for blackbody emission.
- Temperature in kelvin for blackbody emission, higher values emit more.
- Temperature Attribute
- Volume grid to define the temperature, typically “temperature”.
- Standard shader output.