The Data-Block Menu to select a preset brush type or a custom brush. They are a combination of a «tool», along with stroke, texture, and options.
The brush can be selected by numbers: 0 to 9 and Shift-0 to Shift-9.
- When you add a brush, the new brush is a clone of the current one.
In order to save in a blend-user a custom brush, set a Fake User.
- Increase/decrease brush size [ and ]
- Set brush size F
- Set brush strength Shift-F
- Rotate brush texture Ctrl-F
You can then either adjust the value interactively or by typing in numbers. After pressing the hotkey move the mouse to increase/reduce the value (additionally with precision and/or snapping activated). Finally confirm (LMB, Return) or cancel (RMB, Esc).
Allows you to customize the display in the viewport of the Curve and Texture that is applied to the brush.
- The eye icon is used as a toggle to show or hide the given brush texture.
- You can change the amount of transparency used when showing the texture using the Alpha slider.
- Stroke Overlay
- The brush icon allows you to turn off the viewport overlay during strokes.
Allows you to customize the color of the brush radius outline and to specify a custom icon.
- Show Brush
- Shows the brush shape in the viewport.
- Set the color of the brush ring.
- Custom Icon
- Allows definition of a custom brush icon.