bpy_extras submodule (bpy_extras.image_utils)¶
load_image(imagepath, dirname='', place_holder=False, recursive=False, ncase_cmp=True, convert_callback=None, verbose=False, relpath=None, check_existing=False, force_reload=False)¶
Return an image from the file path with options to search multiple paths and return a placeholder if its not found.
- filepath (string) – The image filename If a path precedes it, this will be searched as well.
- dirname (string) – is the directory where the image may be located - any file at the end will be ignored.
- place_holder (bool) – if True a new place holder image will be created. this is useful so later you can relink the image to its original data.
- recursive (bool) – If True, directories will be recursively searched. Be careful with this if you have files in your root directory because it may take a long time.
- ncase_cmp (bool) – on non windows systems, find the correct case for the file.
- convert_callback (function) – a function that takes an existing path and returns a new one. Use this when loading image formats blender may not support, the CONVERT_CALLBACK can take the path for a GIF (for example), convert it to a PNG and return the PNG’s path. For formats blender can read, simply return the path that is given.
- relpath (None or string) – If not None, make the file relative to this path.
- check_existing (bool) – If true, returns already loaded image datablock if possible (based on file path).
- force_reload (bool) – If true, force reloading of image (only useful when check_existing is also enabled).
an image or None