For painting modes each brush type is exposed as a tool, the brush can be changed from the tool setting.
The Data-Block Menu to select a preset brush type or a custom brush. They are a combination of a “tool”, along with stroke, texture, and options.
- Add Brush
- When you add a brush, the new brush is a clone of the current one.
In order to save in a blend-user a custom brush, tick Fake User.
The size of the brush can be changed by the [ and ] shortcuts.
- The influence direction of the brush. This can be Add or Subtract.
- Amount of smoothing to apply to each stroke.
- Inverse Autosmooth
- Lighter pressure causes more smoothing to apply.
- Simulated height of brush.
- Accumulate stroke daubs on top of each other.
- Radius Unit
- Measure brush size relative to the screen.
- Measure brush size relative to the scene.
- Sculpt Plane
Set the orientation of the brush effect.
- Area Plane
- View Plane
- X Plane
- Y Plane
- Z Plane
- Original Normal
- Keep using the normal of the initial location where the stroke originated.
- Front Faces Only
- Brush only affects vertices that face the viewer.
- 2D Falloff
- Apply brush influence in 2D circle instead of a sphere.