Copy Render Settings¶
This is a simple tool that adds in the Render properties a new panel with a big Copy Render Settings button, and some options to control what to copy, and to which scenes...
I wrote it as I often have tenth of scenes all edited/gathered in a single "main" scene sequence. When I want to make preview renders of that main scene, I had to manually set all other scenes' preview scale -- long and boring. And even worse, I often forgot to put them back to full resolution before final rendering!
So, with this add-on, I just have to set the preview scale in the main scene, enable or disable anti-aliasing, and hit Copy Render Settings!
- Open Blender and go to Preferences then the Add-ons tab.
- Click Render then Copy Render Settings to enable the script.
- Render Settings
This lists all render settings. The checkbox to the right controls whether that setting will be copied or not. So if you want to copy a specific setting, hover your mouse over its control, note its Python name (e.g.
resolution_xfor the X resolution, etc.), and enable the corresponding item in this list.
This will only work if you have a Blender patched with
ui_template_list diff, see UI Template List Enhancement.
The column of buttons to the right of the list are a set of presets which set or clear one or more settings at once. This will work even without the UI template list patch.
- Set Scale/Clear Scale
- Copy the render scale setting (below resolution controls, in Dimensions panel). Highly useful to do preview renders!
- Set Resolution/Clear Resolution
- Copy the render resolution and aspect ratio settings. Beware of side effects if you modify the aspect of your render (e.g. switching from: 4/3 to 16/9...).
- Set OSA/Clear OSA
- Copy the global OSA usage, and OSA level settings. Together with Render Scale, this is most useful for preview renders.
- Set Threads/Clear Threads
- Copy the settings (auto/fixed, and number) of threads used during rendering. Might be useful when e.g. you render your blend-files on various computers (even though the Auto option should work good in general...).
- Set Fields/Clear Fields
- Copy all fields settings. Allows you to easily switch from progressive to interlaced...
- Set Stamp/Clear Stamp
- Copy whether to render stamps or not (i.e. the global stamp switch setting).
- Affected Scenes:
- Filter Scene
You can type in this text field a regex (using Python syntax), and only scene which name matches this regex will be available. Quite useful when you have tenths of scenes in a file...
E.g. if you only want to copy some of your current render settings to scenes having "rabbit" in their name, type
.*rabbit.*in this field.
- Columns of buttons
- These toggle buttons represent all scenes of the blend-file (optionally filtered through the Filter Scene regex), except the current one. Only enabled scenes will receive the copied settings!
|Description:||Allows to copy a selection of render settings from current scene to others.|
|Note:||This add-on is bundled with Blender.|