The active sequence strip is displayed with a light outline. The entire strip could be selected by clicking LMB in the middle of the strip.
The Select Menu helps you select strips in different ways.
- All A
- Selects all the strips in the timeline.
- None Alt-A
- Deselects all the strips in the timeline.
- Invert Ctrl-I
- Inverts the current selection.
- Box Select B
- Click and drag a rectangular lasso around a region of strips in your Sequence workspace. Selects strips all intersecting this rectangle.
- Select strips laying left or right to playhead position.
Select left, right or both handles of selected strips.
Select with this method when you want to change the timing of a cut.
- Select strips in the same channel laying left or right to active strip.
- All Ctrl-L / Less Ctrl-NumpadMinus / More Ctrl-NumpadPlus
- Selects strips, that are placed next to each other without any gaps.
- Select Grouped Shift-G
Selects strips according to their relation with other strips.
- Selects any strips of the same type within a category for example, if you have a cross strip selected this will select all other effect strips.
- Global Type
- Selects any strips of the same type, e.g. Effect, Image, Movie, etc.
- Effect Type
- Selects all effect strips.
- Selects strips that share the same data, for example, two image strips sharing the same image file.
- Selects the strip that shares an effect strip.
- Selects the effect strips, if any, linked to the currently selected strip.
- Selects any strips that occur on the same frame as the current.