Save & Load¶
- Relative Paths
- Default value for Relative Paths when loading external files such as images, sounds & linked libraries.
- Compress File
- Default value for Compress file when saving blend files.
- Load UI
- Default value for Load UI when loading blend files.
- Save Preview Images
- Previews of images and materials in the File Browser are created on demand. To save these previews into your blend-file, enable this option (at the cost of increasing the size of your blend-file).
- Tabs as Spaces
- Entering Tab in the Text Editor adds the appropriate number of spaces instead of using characters.
- Save Prompt
- Asks for confirmation before closing or opening a new blend-file if the current file has unsaved changes
- Save Versions
Number of versions created (for backup) when saving newer versions of a file.
This option keeps saved versions of your file in the same directory, using extensions:
.blend2, etc., with the number increasing to the number of versions you specify.
Older files will be named with a higher number. E.g. with the default setting of 2, you will have three versions of your file:
second last saved.
third last saved.
- Recent Files
- Number of files displayed in .
- Auto Save Temporary Files
- Enables Auto Save. Tells Blender to automatically save a backup copy of your work-in-progress files to the Temporary Directory.
- This specifies the number of minutes to wait between each Auto Save. The default value of the Blender installation is 2 minutes. The minimum is 1, and the Maximum is 60 (save every hour).
Python scripts (including driver expressions) are not executed by default for security reasons.
- Auto Run Python Scripts
- You may be working on projects where you only load files from trusted sources, making it more convenient to allow scripts to be executed automatically.
- Excluded Paths
- Blend-files in these folders will not automatically run Python scripts. This can be used to define where blend-files from untrusted sources are kept.
- Filter File Extensions
By activating this, the file region in the File Browser will only show appropriate files (i.e. blend-files when loading a complete Blender setting). The selection of file types may be changed in the file region.
- Hide Dot File/Data-blocks
Hide file which start with
.on File Browsers and ID selector.
Data-blocks beginning with a
.can be selected by typing in the
.characters. When explicitly written, the setting to hide these data-blocks is ignored.
- Hide Recent Locations
- Hide the Recent panel of the File Browser which displays recently accessed folders.
- Hide System Bookmarks
- Hide System Bookmarks in the File Browser.
- Show Thumbnails
- Default to the thumbnail view of files when using the File Browser.