Blender 2.80 Reference Manual¶
Welcome to the Blender Manual!
This is the manual for the 3D animation software from Blender.org.
Blender Manual is being updated in preparation for 2.80 release. This is work in progress. Various sections of this manual have not been updated, or they are updated only partially.
- This site can be downloaded for offline use:
Download the full manual (zipped HTML files)
- What's New
- An introduction to Blender's window system, widgets and tools.
- Overview of the editors describing the interface and functionality of each one.
- Blender's data management of scene data and the structure of blend-files.
- The various supported geometry types, modeling tools, and modifiers.
- The 3D texture painting and sculpting modes.
- Overview of armatures, pose mode and constraints.
- Keyframe animation, graph interpolation, drivers, and shape keys.
- Physics simulations, particle systems and dynamic paint.
- Render engines (Internal, Cycles), shading, post-processing, and Freestyle (NPR).
- Post-processing with the Compositor.
- Blender's settings.
- Python scripting, how to write add-ons and a reference for command-line arguments.
- Compatibility errors related to other software (graphics drivers, Python), how to write a bug report and recover data.
- A list of terms and definitions used in Blender and this manual.
- Manual Index
- A list of terms linked to the Glossary.