The Mask node can be used to select a Mask Data-block. This node can be used with other nodes, for example to Invert, Multiply or Mix, or use as a factor input.
This node has no input sockets.
- The selectable mask data-block. If the label is left blank the mask name will be set.
- Create smooth mask edges rather than hard ones.
- Use or ignore feather points defined for splines see Mask Feathers for more details.
- Scene Size will give an image the size of the render resolution for the scene, scaling along when rendering with different resolutions. Fixed gives a fixed size in pixels. Fixed/ Scene gives a size in pixels that still scales along when changing the render resolution percentage in the scene.
- Motion Blur
- For animated masks, creating a motion blurred mask from the surrounding frames, with a given number of samples (higher gives better quality), and a camera shutter time in seconds.
- The black and white output of the mask.
In the example below the Mask node is used to define a rough outline of the island, where areas out side of the island are dark, drawing the eye to the island.