Hair particles can have dynamic properties using physics. To enable hair physics, click the checkbox beside Hair Dynamics.
- Value for the mass of the hair.
Controls the bending stiffness of the hair strands.
- Random stiffness of hair.
- Damping of bending motion.
Some phenomena of real-world hair can be simulated more efficiently using a volumetric model instead of the basic geometric strand model. This means constructing a regular grid such as those used in fluid simulations and interpolating hair properties between the grid cells.
- Air Drag
- Controls how thick the hair is around the hair causing the hair to flow slower.
- Internal Friction
- Amount of friction between individual hairs.
- Density Target
Maximum density if the hair.
- The influence that the Density Target has on the simulation.
- Voxel Grid Cell Size
- Size of the voxel grid cells for interaction effects.
- Goal Strength
- Spring stiffness of the vertex target position.
- Quality of the simulation in steps per frame. (higher is better quality but slower).
- Hair Grid
- Show hair simulation grid.
If you use motion blur in your animation, you will need to bake one extra frame past the last frame which you will be rendering.