The Animations section lets you manage settings related to Animation. This includes how editors look and also some different tools properties.
These settings control things in the Timeline.
- Allow Negative Frame
- Playhead can be set to negative frames with mouse or keyboard. When using Use Preview Range, this also allows playback.
- Minimum Grid Spacing
- The minimum number of pixels between grid lines.
- TimeCode Style
- Format of Time Codes displayed when not displaying timing in terms of frames. The format uses ‘+’ as a separator for sub-second frame numbers, with left and right truncation of the timecode as necessary.
- Zoom To Frame Type
Defines what time range (around the cursor) will be displayed when the View Frame Numpad0 is performed.
- Keep Range
- The currently displayed time range is preserved.
- The number of seconds specified in the Zoom Seconds field will be shown around the cursor.
- The number of animation keyframes defined in the Zoom Keyframes field will be shown around the cursor.
These settings control Keyframes which are the building blocks for animations.
- Visual Keying
- When an object is using constraints, the object property value does not actually change. Visual Keying will add keyframes to the object property, with a value based on the visual transformation from the constraint.
- Only Insert Needed
- This will only insert keyframes if the value of the property is different.
- Auto Keyframing
- Enables Auto Keyframe by default for new scenes.
- Show Auto Keying Warning
- Displays a warning at the top right of the 3D View, when moving objects, if Auto Keyframe is on.
- Only Insert Available
- This will only add keyframes to channels of F-curves that already exist.
Learn more about Auto-Keyframing.
These settings control how F-Curves look and their default behavior.
- F-Curve Visibility
- Opacity that unselected F-Curves stand out from the Graph Editor.
- Default Smoothing Mode
- Controls the behaviour of automatic keyframe handles for newly created F-curves.
- Default Interpolation
- Controls the default Interpolation for newly created keyframes.
- Default Handles
- Controls the default Handle for newly created F-curves.
- XYZ to RGB
- Color for X, Y or Z animation curves (location, scale or rotation) is the same as the color for the X, Y and Z axis.