There are several methods of adding new keys. Namely:
- In the 3D View, pressing I will bring up a menu to choose what to add a keyframe to.
- Hovering over a property and pressing I or with the context menu by RMB a property and choose Insert Keyframe from the menu.
There are several methods of removing keyframes:
- In the 3D View press Alt-I to remove keys from selected objects on the current frame.
- When the mouse is over a value, press Alt-I.
- RMB a value and choose Delete Keyframe from the menu.
Removes all keyframes from the selected object.
This example shows you how to animate a cube’s location, rotation, and scale.
- First, in the Timeline, or other animation editors, set the frame to 1.
- With the Cube selected in Object Mode, press I in the 3D View.
- From the Insert Keyframe Menu select LocRotScale. This will record the location, rotation, and scale, for the Cube on frame 1.
- Set the frame to 100.
- Use Grab/Move G, Rotate R, Scale S, to transform the cube.
- Press I in the 3D View. From the Insert Keyframe Menu, select LocRotScale.
To test the animation, press Alt-A to play.