Object Info Node¶
The Object Info node gives information about the object instance. This can be useful to give some variation to a single material assigned to multiple instances, either manually controlled through the object index, based on the object location, or randomized for each instance. For example a Noise texture can give random colors or a Color Ramp can give a range of colors to be randomly picked from.
This node has no inputs.
This node has no properties.
- Location of the object in world space.
- Object color, same as Color in the .
- Object Index
- Object pass index, same as Pass Index in the .
- Material Index
- Material pass index, same as Pass Index in the .
- Random number unique to a single object instance.
Note that this node only works for material shading nodes; it does nothing for light and world shading nodes.