Blender has a range of built-in and web-based help options.
When hovering the mouse cursor over a button or setting, after a few instants a tooltip appears.
The context-sensitive Tooltip might contain some of these elements:
- Short Description
- Related details depending on the control.
- A keyboard or mouse shortcut associated to the tool.
- The value of the property.
- Source file of the active object. See also Linked Libraries.
- Disabled (red)
- The reason why the value is not editable.
- For scripting – A Python command associated to the control (usually an operator or property).
Context Sensitive Manual Access¶
You may want to access help for a tool or area from within Blender.
Use the key-shortcut, or context menu to visit pages from this reference manual within Blender. This opens a webpage relating to the button under the cursor, supporting both tool and value buttons.
We do not currently have 100% coverage, you may see an alert in the info header if some tools do not have a link to the manual.
Other times buttons may link to more general sections of the documentation.