The 3D View is used to interact with the 3D scene for a variety of purposes, such as modeling, animating, texture painting, etc.
The header contains various menus and controls based on the current mode.
The 3D View has several modes used for editing different kinds of data:
- Object Mode
- Edit Mode
- Sculpt Mode
- Vertex Paint
- Weight Paint
- Texture Paint
- Particle Edit
- Pose Mode
- Edit Strokes Mode
- Transform Orientations
- Use to select and modify the active Transform Orientations.
- Pivot Point
Used to change the reference point (or pivot point) used by many mesh manipulation tools.
Read more about Pivot Points.
- Controls the snapping tools that help with transforming and modeling objects.
- Proportional Edit
- Proportional Edit.
- Object Type Visibility
- Change the Object Type Visibility and selectability of objects in the 3D View.
- Viewport Gizmos
- Change the way how gizmos are displayed in the 3D View.
- Viewport Overlays
- Change the way how overlays are displayed in the 3D View.
- Viewport Shading
- Change the shading of the 3D View.