Blender’s physics system allows you to simulate a number of different real world physical phenomena.
Currently, these physics systems are supported:
- Particle Systems can be used to simulate many things such as hair, grass, smoke, and flocks.
- Hair is a subset of the particle system, and can be used for strand-like objects, such as hair, fur, grass, quills, etc.
- Soft Bodies are useful for everything that tends to bend, deform, in reaction to forces like gravity or wind, or when colliding with other objects. It can be used for skin, rubber, and even clothes.
- Cloth Simulation is specific for cloth-like objects.
- Rigid Bodies can simulate dynamic objects that are fairly rigid.
- Fluids include standard liquids as well as gasses.
- Smoke is a subset of the fluids system, and can be used for simulating volumes such as smoke.
- Force Fields can modify the behavior of simulations.
You can use these systems to create many different effects such as: