The Laplacian Deform Modifier allows you to pose a mesh while preserving geometric details of the surface.
This modifier captures the geometric details with the use of differential coordinates. The differential coordinates captures the local geometric information how curvature and direction of a vertex based on its neighbors.
You must define an Anchors Vertex Group. Without a Vertex Group Modifier does nothing.
Repetitions iteratively improve the solution found. The objective is to find the rotation of the differential coordinates preserving the best possible geometric detail. Details are retained better if more repetitions are used, however, it will take longer to calculate.
- A vertex group name, to define the group of vertices that the user will use to transform the model. The weight of each vertex does not affect the behavior of the modifier; the method only takes into account vertices with weight greater than 0.
- The Bind button is what tells the Laplacian Deform Modifier to actually capture the geometry details of the object, so that altering the anchors vertices actually alters the shape of the deformed object.
- 绑定修改器后, 你可能以后决定更改锚顶点组，这时，你需要先 * 解除绑定 * 修改器后再次绑定修改器。
- 顶点组 * 组名 * 无效
- Vertices changed from X to Y
- This message is displayed when a user adds or deletes vertices to the mesh.
- Edges changed from X to Y
- This message is displayed when a user adds or deletes edges to the mesh.
- This message is displayed if the solver could not find a solution for the linear system.
If the mesh is dense, with a number of vertices greater than 100,000, then it is possible that the non-linear optimization system will fail.
Laplacian Surface Editing is a method developed by Olga Sorkine and others in 2004. This method preserves geometric details as much as possible while the user makes editing operations. This method uses differential coordinates corresponding to the difference between a vector and the weighted average of its neighbors to represent the local geometric detail of the mesh.