The Decimate Modifier allows you to reduce the vertex/face count of a mesh with minimal shape changes.
This is not usually used on meshes which have been created by modeling carefully and economically (where all vertices and faces are necessary to correctly define the shape). But if the mesh is the result of complex modeling, sculpting and/or applied Subdivision Surface/Multiresolution Modifiers, the Decimate Modifier can be used to reduce the polygon count for a performance increase, or simply remove unnecessary vertices and edges.
The Decimate Modifier is a quick and easy way of reducing the polygon count of a mesh non-destructively. This modifier demonstrates the advantages of a mesh modifier system because it shows how an operation which is normally permanent and destroys original mesh data, can be done interactively and safely using a modifier.
Unlike the majority of existing modifiers, the Decimate Modifier does not allow you to visualize your changes in Edit Mode.
- On 1.0: the mesh is unchanged.
- On 0.5: edges have been collapsed such that half the number of faces remain (see note below).
- On 0.0: all faces have been removed.
虽然 比率 与剩余面的数量直接成正比，但在计算比率时，三角形也会使用。
在禁用了 三角化 选项，上面的话才算正确。
- Vertex Group
A vertex group that controls what parts of the mesh are reduced.
- The amount of influence the Vertex Group has on the decimation.
- Keeps any resulting triangulated geometry from the decimation process.
- Maintains symmetry on a single axis.
Can be thought of as the reverse of subdivide. Attempts to remove edges that were the result of a subdivide operation. For meshes with a mainly grid based topology (without giving uneven geometry). If additional editing has been done after the subdivide operation, the results may be unexpected.
Reduces detail on forms comprised of mainly flat surfaces.
- 启用后，所有沿着边界面的顶点会消失掉。这样可以在用高的 角度限制 值时可以得到更好的结果。
- This label shows the number of remaining faces as a result of applying the Decimate Modifier.