The Triangulate modifier converts all faces in a mesh (quads and polygons) to triangular faces. It fulfills the exact same function as the Triangulate tool in Edit Mode.
- Quad Method
- Split the quads in nice triangles, slower method.
- Split the quads on their 1st and 3rd vertices.
- Fixed Alternate
- Split the quads on their 2nd and 4th vertices.
- Shortest Diagonal
- Split the quads based on the diagonal distance between their vertices.
- N-gon Method
- Arrange the new triangles nicely, slower method.
- Split the polygons using an ear-clipping algorithm (gives similar results to the tessellation used for the viewport rendering).
- Keep Normals
- When using custom normals, try to preserve the same shading as before triangulation.
- Minimum Vertices
- Minimum number of vertices a face must have to be triangulated. For example, setting this value to 5, will prevent triangulation of quads and only triangulate N-gons.